Ryan specializes in the litigation of FELA and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully litigated FELA cases against more than a dozen railroads in 5 states and 5 federal districts; and has successfully litigated personal injury cases in 3 states and 3 federal districts.
- Bachelor of Arts, Westminster College
- Juris Doctorate, St. Louis University School of Law
Licensed to practice law in
- All State of Illinois circuit courts
- All State of Missouri circuit courts
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Ryan has recovered tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements fighting for injured railroaders, whose injuries have ranged from sprains and strains to catastrophic injuries; including amputations and fatalities. Ryan has also recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for injured individuals in cases including catastrophic injury and wrongful death actions.
Ryan is a certified member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of all lawyers in the U.S. have received this certification.
Before joining the Firm, Ryan served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in St. Clair County, IL. While there, Ryan honed his jury trial skills while prosecuting sexual assaults, kidnappings, murders, and other violent offenses.
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri State Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- East St. Louis Bar Association